All students deserve an education that inspires them, encourages their curiosity, and prepares them for success.
All educators deserve the support, resources, and time to do their jobs well, and the security to retire with dignity.
Through the Oregon Education Association's advocacy in Salem, we work to create a public education system that will serve every Oregonian throughout their educational journey - from pre-K through higher education.
OEA's Government Relations team:
- Lobbies for legislation that supports public education, educators, and socially just policies, and against legislation that weakens public education and social justice
- Advances the OEA's Legislative Program, our member-driven, member-endorsed agenda for what we do in the legislature.
- Strengthens relationships with key members of Congress on both sides of the aisle
- Prepares OEA leaders and activists to engage with and lobby members of Congress
- Provides updates on our advocacy and invites OEA members to engage with Congress through our legislative emails and action alerts
- Maintains the OEA Legislative Report Card, a rating of members of the legislature based on their education-related votes and actions
- Works with like-minded community organizations and coalitions that share our commitment to strong public schools and resilient public services