Financial Benefits of Membership
Make your union work for you (and your wallet)!
- Grants to help support your professional practice: OEA offers several different grant programs to allow educators to pursue professional development and learning opportunities, as well as implement innovative ideas into their education practices.
- Get help supporting students from the OEA Foundation: Members can apply for grants of up to $100 to help their students meet basic, urgent needs so they can attend and succeed in school. Grants may be used for things like eyeglasses, winter coats, dental work, shoes, and many other basic supports for students. Apply for a grant or donate to the foundation by visiting oregoned.org/oea-foundation.
- Improve your employment contract: Your union negotiates your contract with your employer. Talk to a union representative at your worksite or call your local office to get more information about collective bargaining and to get involved.
- Save money with member discounts: Your OEA and NEA membership gains you access to many financial discounts through NEA Member Benefits. From cheap movie tickets and Disneyland passes to credit card offers, discounted hotels and car rentals to personal loan offers, many members find savings that more than equal their yearly annual dues. Visit neamb.com for more information.
OEA Choice Trust
OEA Choice Trust is dedicated to promoting the total well-being of Oregon public school employees. All school employees, no matter their role, should have the support they need to be well – physically, emotionally and socially. Healthy worksites reduce employees’ stress, boost energy and morale and promote better balance in life – a win for all staff and students. OEA Choice Trust provides:
- Grants, scholarships and professional development for customized employee wellness programs for Oregon public k-12 districts, education service districts and community colleges.
- Resources that include technical assistance, trainings, professional development and coaching that are based on healthy worksite best practices.
- A statewide conference and other gatherings that bring together school employees, health advocates and educators to create healthy workplaces; network with each other; and learn how to connect their colleagues and communities to the benefits of school employee wellness programs.